So there are many different chocolate chip cookie recipes out there but how many of them contain cream cheese? Not many! And honestly, it’s a huge hit and secret ingredient that I think gives the cookies a great flavor! Hope you love them as much as I do! Typically this batter makes more than enough to split in half. Half to bake and the other half to store in the freeze to bake later on!
CHEWY GOOEY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
2 1/4 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour blend (I used red mill 1 to 1 GF baking flour – can get
big bag at Whole Foods – just make sure has xanthium gum)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 ounces cream cheese (softened almost melted kinda)
8 tbsp unsalted butter (sub vegan if dairy-free)
4 tbsp cashew butter (room temp – could use peanut or almond)
1 ½ cup coconut sugar
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
½ cup of chocolate chips
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk gluten free flour, salt, chocochips, coconut sugar and
baking soda. Set aside.
- In separate bowl melt butter, then let cool.
- Add vanilla extract and nut butter of choice. Mix thoroughly.
- Mix in soft cream cheese to the wet ingredients. Mix as best as you can. There might be fine
little chunks, that’s ok!
- Mix in eggs. The wet ingredients will thicken a bit, this is fine!
- Add to the mixed dry ingredients.
- Mix well (I used my hands) and line a cookie sheet with parchment (best results doesn’t burn
- Scoop roughly 1 ½ in balls and lightly pat down. Space with at least 2 inch in between.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Bake cookies for 9 minutes. Remove. Let cool and rest for at least 5 min. to harden.
- Eat and enjoy within 2 days!